OT: Windows net traffic

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 00:54:30 EST 2007

On 3/7/07 9:14 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>> ... try typing "sudo tcpdump" in
>> a Terminal window. Type Control-c to stop.
> Wow, it's all in there, isn't it? I was overwhelmed with output. Then I
> read the man page and figured out how to limit the output to only stuff
> going in and out of my desktop machine. That's pretty cool, in spite of
> how your eyes can glaze over after reading 831 entries.

All I get is:

tcpdump: WARNING: en0: no IPv4 address assigned
tcpdump: listening on en0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96
bytes
^C
0 packets captured
0 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel
[jimaultscomputer:~] jault%

so I must be in a pretty quiet part of the internet.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas