Texas Flood

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Wed Jun 27 16:31:52 EDT 2007

Stephen,

Here in the Austin area (Central Texas) we've had rain almost every
day for, well, it seems like a week now. The ground here is
uncharacteristically water logged, so any new rain will pool and
cause "flash" flooding rather quickly now.

Our streams (which as Chipp has pointed out) are usually dry this
time of year and everything has a dusty or brown color to it. Not the
case this Summer so far. I feel like I'm living in Houston...not a
good thing for an Austin person to say, in terms of weather, anyway.

We are having no flooding here or in town where my son and daughter
live. Like Chipp, we live on the Southwestern edge of the metro area.
And there is no flooding here, either.

Thanks for your concern. We have had continuous power, internet and
even some sunshine (today).

If you want to get a taste of Central Texas with lots of rain, just
listen to Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Texas Flood"...he says it better than
anyone. Well worth the purchase, btw. Central Texan's really just
can't believe it will ever really rain. We drive like idiots in the
rain. Every so many years it freezes and then we drive suicidally.

Best,

Jerry & Family