2.8.1 crashes

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Sun Jun 10 08:58:56 EDT 2007

I'm on a Power PC G4 with Mac OS 10.4.9. Everything worked fine after
I downloaded 2.8.1 (build 470). As recommended, I did a full install.
No problem for about ten days.

Then I happened to download "BigGanesh". I tried to take a look at
the stack and Rev crashed (no cause-effect relationship intended,
just a reconstruction of what happened). Any further attempt to open
Rev failed. I put it into the trash and reinstalled the whole thing.
Restarted the computer. Still only crashes.

Strangely enough, after a few hours rest for the computer, Revolution
happily reappeared. However, a couple of days later it began to crash
again, and since then I have been unable to open 2.8.1. The splash
screen appears, even the tools palette. But whenever either "Loading
Tools" or "Loading Menu Bar" is reached, a frightening pause
interrupts the process, everything Rev related disappears and after a
certain interval I am informed that the application quit unexpectedly.

Earlier Rev versions on the same machine are not affected. Any
suggestion how to regain access to 2.8.1 are most welcome. Thanks in
advance.

Fritz