Switch Statement

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jul 12 14:52:18 EDT 2007

Mark, et al:

>I believe that form of the switch statement with no argument may be
>unique to Transcript. I do use it to handle all sorts of corner conditions
>that would otherwise result in really ugly code, but I have to twist my head
>around it each time,

That form of switch introduces the possibility of executing multiple
cases while falling through a single switch.  That alone adds both
power and complexity.

Rob Cozens, Staff Conservator
Mendonoma Marine Life Conservancy

"Knowledge of the oceans is more than a matter of curiosity.
  Our very survival may depend upon it."

  -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 1961