revCopyFolder

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Jul 11 19:38:59 EDT 2007

regarding "rolling my own" revCopyFolder that works from web
site------->user folder

The URL copying scheme works fine for multiple calls in a loop. And
it's really useful as it is NOT BLOCKING and the calling script
continues to run until it terminates, while the downloads continue in
the background until all files are downloaded, and continue to update
a status panel.  Sure feels like multitasking.

My question is: what do I do to cleanly terminate the downloading
process initiated by the URL token while it's going in the background
?    cmd period works but does not recover well. messy.

tSourceURLName       =
"http://xxxxx.barncard.com/downloads/qt/01_login/2_connections.mov"
tDestinationFileName =
"binfile:/Users/joeuser/Documents/xxxxx/qt/2_connections.mov"

put  URL tSourceURLName  into URL  tDestinationFileName
--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o