Setting MenuButton on openCard

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 08:11:39 EST 2007

A belated reply, but similar issue - I want to let the user create option
menus on demand in my program.  After creating an option menu button, it
displays the name of the button as its label. Then I put some text into the
button and try to set the label to line 1 of the text - to no avail, the
name of the button sticks in the display.
A workaround is to set the label to something else, eg. empty, and then set
it back again.  My reasoning is that when you set the text of the button
initially, it automatically gets the first line as its label but the display
doesnt update, then when you set the label to line 1 of the text, it sees
this as No Change (No menupick sent) and hence still doesn't update.

regards
Martin