Sendmail on OSX through Rev

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Mon Aug 13 17:14:40 EDT 2007

We are using a dedicated Mac Mini as a server through an ISP. We've
asked them for a way to send emails from the Mini so we can avoid
using SMTP relay. This is the response they sent back. I'm hoping
someone here can tell us how to implement this through Rev.

"To generate emails from the Mini, you just need to call /usr/sbin/
sendmail or /usr/sbin/postfix withthe appropriate arguments.  Turning
on postfix as an SMTP server will only affect the Mini's ability to
receive email.

If you use '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oi' as the command, then you can
feed it the appropriate headers (see below) and it will work."

-----