using mci send string for audio and video on windows

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Mon Aug 13 17:24:49 EDT 2007

Trevor,

Thanks this was my fear of using MCI controls. apple seems to do a
good job of making sure it plays with most graphics and audio chip
sets so that these drivers issues are not too much of a problem. Hate
to get into having to do a lot of tech support with folks w/o
quicktime on PCs. When we require QT and they have it successfully
installed we have zero tech support (big thumbs up for Rev and QT!)
In the education market you dont make the big bucks to support tech
support like this, let alone the development time necessary for a
split development process like this so it may not be in the cards to
try this. May poke at it some to see how good/bad it works in general.

Thanks again for your experience with it!

cheers,

jeff

On Aug 13, 2007, at 1:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com