what is the method you use to save a specific field reference in a variable or custom property?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Wed Sep 13 14:22:41 EDT 2006

Thanks Ken, this was really helpful.

"chunk expressions will work on the variable itself and not on the
reference"

(thanks to everyone else too :-)

On a related note, does anyone use something like:

put the text of theDataFldIWant() into tText

FUNCTION theDataFldIWant
   return the long ID of fld "thisFieldHasAReallyLongName" of cd
"ThisCardHasALongAndDescriptiveName" of stack
"thisStacksNameIsNotThatLongButIDontWantToClutterUpMyScripts"
END theDataFldIWant