Rules governing stack purging

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Mon Oct 30 13:38:27 EST 2006

My experience is that having accessed a stack on disk, it remains in
memory until you explicitly close it ie. < close stack "/Users/
blah...." >

For some reason, when you've accessed the stack, but not yet closed
it, it doesn't show up in the openStacks, but does show up in the
application browser - once you've closed it, however, it seems to be
really gone from memory.

Perhaps not showing up in the openStacks is a bug?

This is on Mac OS X, 2.7.4 (though I encountered this in 2.6xx, as
well).

Best,

Mark