managing sqlight3 permissions help

Dave Herndon herndogy at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 30 13:03:19 EST 2006

I have developed some powerfull database editing features in my revolution front end.  I realize that the find and replace feature that I set up in one of my substacks could if used in properly alter the database in a huge way.  So now I am wondering if I should just limit access to that sub stack via the ask password clear command or set permissions for all users as they connect to the database.  I would like to say limit a bulk of the users to just the SELECT command, give others use of the INSERT and UPDATE command etc.  Can I do this by setting one of the parameters in the connect string on log in ?  I just added a password column to my staffing table and may be experimenting with a script to check and change this value.  Any ideas?