AVI versus MOV in standalones - Apple Quicktime regulations

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 20:12:38 EDT 2006

Well MPEG-4 should work across the board with recent releases of QT
(v7) and WMP (v9).
MPEG-2 will get you DVD quality, whereas MPEG-4 has been aimed at HDTV.
Another option is DivX, the players for both are free and to encode
DivX you need DivX Pro, which is about $20, although I don't know
what the situation is with branding, distributing and suchlike.

Cheers,

Luis.