AVI versus MOV in standalones - Apple Quicktime regulations

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Mon Oct 23 22:01:42 EDT 2006

Hi Steve

I've found saving video in the old mpeg-1 (.mpg) format works fine & is
highly compatible because it works on older windows media player &
quicktime versions as well (ie. pc & mac).

File sizes are not as compact as newer codecs but it also isn't as
resource hungry on playback.

A good compressor (mac) for this is ffmpegX ->
http://homepage.mac.com/major4/

regards
alex