Suite of Tests

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Oct 21 14:54:36 EDT 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 8:29 PM, Ian Wood wrote:

> Rather than callbacks, I'd probably go for things being called from
> the openstack handler with results being written to a text file
> with the same name as the test stack. That way you just launch each
> stack and don't have to worry too much about communication.

But isn't writing to a file a form of communication?  I would think
that 'return' or 'send' are simpler, however there is always a chance
those are broken, but unlikely at the same time.  Saving to a file
does sound like it could fit into a collection of communication methods.

I think of this as being beyond just a way to document a bug.  One
might use this for testing and characterizing a wide range of
features.  That would require organization.  The stacks you suggest
might be put into a folder with a readme or something.  Or tests
could be put on cards, one per card.  There might be other ways to
organize this.

Dar