revDeleteFolder: nothing in Trash on MacIntel?

Bruce A. Pokras macstacks at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 21 10:31:57 EDT 2006

Hello group,

According to the docs, the revDeleteFolder command is supposed to put
the deleted folder in the Trash:

      "On Mac OS and OS X systems, the revDeleteFolder command places
the folder in the Trash."

However, on my iMac Core 2 Duo, the folder simply disappears. Nothing
shows in the Trash. This is great for the application that I am
working on. The script creates a folder for downloading individual
pages of a patent. Those pages are then combined into a single PDF
files that is saved in the parent folder. Then the script uses
revDeleteFolder to get rid of the folder contaiing the downloaded
pages. For multiple patents, the user will not end up with a Trash
full of folders.

So I am wondering if anyone else has seen this. Also, is the command
working as descrbed in the docs on a PowerPC Mac, or are the docs
simply incorrect?

Regards,

Bruce Pokras
Blazing Dawn Software