Unwanted Explicit variables set to true?

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 05:11:42 EDT 2006

On 12 Oct 2006, at 6:00 pm, Malte Brill  wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> check your preferences. Maybe you accidently checked "Variable
> checking by default" in the script editor pane? Prefs are preserved
> cross versions since 2.7.x so this might be the cause. This setting is
> not exactly the same as setting the explicit vars. You might want to
> check uncheck it once even if it appears unchecked.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Malte

Malte,

That is exactly what it was!  Odd thing is I have never before looked
in Rev preferences.  I was surprised to see how many options there are,
and have certainly never looked at the script editor pane before.

So the mystery of why remains, but the mystery of what is solved.  For
me, that is enough.  Thank you so much, I would have spent hours
messing with this.

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership