Macro Substitution

Robert Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Sat Oct 7 00:09:45 EDT 2006

I am a bit stumped as to what to do to convert macro substitutions in
the fox code I am porting. Macro substitution is when I can refer to
a variable using a delimiter and the variable will be substituted for
the value it contains at runtime. So if bobtest contained "blah" then
I could "get $bobtest.1" and the code at runtime would give me the
value of blah1. I won't go into the virtues of macro substitution
here. There are times when it is quite handy.

I know Revolution has no such convention. I am hoping to avoid a lot
of extra coding to convert macro substitutions in the Foxpro code.
Any ideas?

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management