Focus, Text and foundChunk

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Oct 9 10:19:51 EDT 2006

On 10/9/06 7:35 AM, "Richmond Mathewson" <geradamas at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Not being satisfied with selecting individual letters
> inside text fields I have started playing around with
> FOUNDCHUNK and ended up with something that is "a bit
> of a bother":
>
> http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/Text
> Focus.rev.zip
>
> first click on my button "Select String" and it does
> exactly what is required!
>
> click again on the button to generate an error
> message!!!!

This is because each subsequent "Find" you issue will try to find the next
occurrence of the text you're looking for. Since your code is:

on mouseUp
  find "eating" in fld "F1"
  select the foundChunk
end mouseUp

The second time around, it can't find anything and 'the foundChunk' is
empty. So when you try to do a 'select' with nothing in 'the foundChunk' you
get an error. Change your code to:

on mouseUp
  find "eating" in fld "F1"
  if the foundChunk is not empty then