Grid & Scrolling Field

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Thu Nov 30 04:22:51 EST 2006

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the comments and tips above and below (I edited for brevity of
message).

> The way to delimit a new line in a field is by using a return char.  So
> why
> are you surprised that they start a new line in your field?

Yep.  What I'm wanting to do is store the value of the scrolling list inside
a cell of the table.  This list would (or could) contain returns.  It's a
standard data entry group with a notes field.  I can get all the values of
the standard fields as they are just straight text and no returns.  The
scrolling field however can and probably would have returns as the user
enters their "note".  I can see that this is causing the problem.  I might
need to look at another way of storing the value, perhaps a custom property
instead.

Thanks again - appreciate the code you supplied too.

Scott