Re-4: USB/Serial issue + parallel

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Thu Nov 30 02:58:33 EST 2006

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for the info: your statement was very helpful and made the point clear to me.
I have to use the shell as you suggested.

The measurement process can be used very simple in runrev:

(put text of field "commands_machine_xyz" to the initcommands of this stack)
open file "COM1:"
repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines of the initcommands of this stack
write line x of the initcommands of this stack & crlf to file "COM1:"
wait 10 milliseconds
read from file "COM1:" until Lfput
 it into result[x]
end repeat
close file "COM1:"

The next point I have to check in runrev is to use the parallel port with measurement equipment and controllers. The first trial was to connect pin 11 and 25 of the parallel cable as switch and get the signal - but I had no access yet.

open file "LPT1:"
read from file "LPT" until EOF

In C or Pascal you can directly access the ports where the parallel interface stores the data - any experience whether I can do such things native in runrev?

Regards, Franz
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch

boehmisch at animabit.de