too many fields, too many cards?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 23:22:23 EST 2006

On 11/29/06 5:48 PM, "Timothy Miller" <gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com>
wrote:

> Have I understood the general idea here? Am I overlooking anything
> fundamental? Is it reasonable to leave well enough alone, as long as
> I can find stuff in stacks this large, when I need to?

As an ex-HCard programmer I can say you got the idea and I would stay just
as you are.

On advantage you have is the medical history is not changed or rewritten, so
most of your modifications simply add to the data stored.

As far as the native FIND in Rev when you use command-F (or control-F) that
opens a Find Stack unlike anything in HCard.  Very powerful options.

It is equipped to build lists of results in the development environment (all
kinds of objects) rather than be the ultra-speedy HCard text find.  I
believe Bill Atkinson (could be wrong about who) specially designed this and
those of use who took advantage and built card-based search stacks were very
happy.

And now Rev takes a path into its future and cmd-F does not mean find-at the
speed of light anymore.  However, sooo many things are better AND we do not
live in the land of XCFNs and XCMDs (Rinaldi, et al) just to get something
powerful that works only in black and white.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas