Revolution and the Web, feedback wanted, Part 1 of 3

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Nov 28 17:46:25 EST 2006

Mikey-

Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 10:09:25 AM, you wrote:

> 3) The hardest part of developing AJAX apps (or FJAX, or whatever
> flavor you prefer) isn't building the framework (hell, you don't even
> need to if you want to use Prototype, Dojo, etc.).  The hardest part
> is accurately representing what you want your application to do and
> mean using XML so that the application works inside of the framework.

Note that, in spite of the name, you don't have to use xml with AJAX.
I use the combination of an AJAX front end on a web page to invoke rev
cgi scripts on the server in order to update a section of the page.
Works fine without any actual xml involved. I prefer to call it AJAR.

That said, you're spot on about the hardest part being "accurately
representing what you want your application to do". And that's true
for any app, not just restricted to AJAX.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net