Flash open source!!!

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 17:44:14 EST 2006

On 28 Nov 2006, at 20:46, Todd Geist wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2006, at 12:46 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure there is anything for Rev developers here.
>
> Well maybe not directly in Rev....
>
> But what about using Flex  Builder to rich UIs and Flash Controls
> and running them inside of altBrowser.  Since Flex works really
> well with any type of web server, why not one built directly into
> your Rev Application.

I don't think this follows as a consequence of the open source
announcement. (It was already possible.) But it's an interesting
notion anyway.

I guess the first question would be "why bother" when you can build
potentially more powerful standalone apps in Rev anyway that also
work well with web servers. (But potentially lacking some of those
cool looking Flex controls. :-)) But there might be an advantage if
you have to create something that has to run in both a browser and a
standalone app.

Cheers
Dave