Surprising little issue

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Mon Nov 27 02:22:19 EST 2006

Hi,

Thanks to Eric I've been using custom properties to set combo boxes etc.
This is really working out well and custom properties are really cool!!
However I seem to have hit a snag.  The first saved card in a stack doesn't
hold it's custom property value.

By way of example.

User selects an option from a combo box.
Item is displayed as selected in the combo box
Result is stored in a custom property
Card number two is added and the same procedure as above
Now - card number two, when selected shows the correct user selection.
However - card number 1 seems to inherit whatever selection was made in the
card after it.  So if you add 8 cards and go to card 8 then card 1 (I'm
navigating using a scrolling list box) then card number 1 gets card number
8's custom properties..  This only happens to card number 1.  Note that the
cards are stored and saved to a file seperate from the main executable
stack.  I thought maybe I had to initialize the custom properties for card
number 1.  I tried two methods, first using the options to select the combo
boxes etc in the IDE running the card and that failed to make a difference.
I also tried initializing the custom propeties directly in the object
inspector and that didn't work either.

Any ideas as to what I'm missing?  Note that every other regular field etc
on the card works perfectly, just not the combo boxes and check boxes to
which are linked the custom properties on card number 1.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Scott