stack vs. exe behavior in altSplash deployment

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 26 22:38:16 EST 2006

Chipp Walters wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> see below for answers:
>
> On 11/26/06, Mark Powell <mark_powell at symantec.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, a couple of questions
>>
>> -1-  Cursor idiosynracies:
>> Rev's built-in cursors aren't available (e.g. instead of hand and busy,
>> I get the hourglass).  How do I ensure that cursors port over correctly
>> when a stack is deployed as a non-executable?
>
> I believe you can always embed a cursor in a stack and use it by
> setting the cursor ID to it. Perhaps Jacque can help out more here.

Right, that's commonly used for custom cursors. You can do the same
thing with the standard cursors, but then you can't refer to them by
their named constants (i.e., "busy").

An easier way to embed standard cursors is to just tick the "Cursors"
checkbox in the standalone settings dialog before building. Then they
will work as expected.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com