In a table field, cells getting "not empty" while no text in them

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Nov 25 06:34:28 EST 2006

Bonjour André,

That's normal behavior since when you click in cell 3 of line 4
without typing anything, line 4 will contain 2 tabs :-)
So use a tiny function:

function FilledLines pFld
   local tTable, tList
   -----
   put pFld into tTable
   replace tab with empty into tTable
   repeat with i = 1 to the number of lines of tTable
   if line i of tTable <> empty then put i & comma after tList
   end repeat
   delete char -1 of tList
   return tList
end FilledLines

And:

put FilledLines(the long name of fld "TheTable") into tFilledLines

You'll get a comma delimited list like "1,3,8,9": the number of the
lines that are not empty as you wished it.
Note that I use the long name of fld "TheTable" as param: it's more
secure and allows to write directly: put pFld into tTable (without
using do this time ;-)

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet