Slow response with many objects

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Nov 24 18:52:26 EST 2006

Hi Jan,

If you have thousands of objects, I can very well imagine that
Revolution gets very slow. I also believe that having thousands of
objects probably indicates a need to re-think the strategy behind
your user interface.

However, if "many" only means a few dozens or even 200 or 300 objects
and if your computer is reasonable fast, say >500 Mhz, you should not
experience much lagging while editing these objects. Still, even on
350 Mhz machines, you should experience an acceptable responsiveness
using the IDE.

Are you using any scripts that run when objects are resized, moved,
or otherwise changed? Do you have any running handlers in the
background or many pending messages? Are you using third-party
libraries or plugins?

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 24-nov-2006, om 20:53 heeft Jan Sælid het volgende geschreven: