[ANN] Updated Galaxy 1.5 Introductory Lessons

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Nov 22 16:03:14 EST 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 12:52 PM, Bernard Devlin wrote:

> Trevor,  they helped me to 'get it' too.  I have a free license to
> Galaxy but I just haven't gotten round to using it.

Well version 1.5 is a great time to get started.  It has lots of
useful additions and enhancements.

> But those lessons finally gave me some idea about why people have
> been so enthusiastic about it.

Helping people understand all of the powerful features in Galaxy is
probably our biggest hurdle.

I really do believe Galaxy is an incredible development environment.
Jerry Daniels is responsible for the bulk of Galaxy and he really
understands the workflow required to be more efficient in the
Revolution development environment.

> In fact, shortly after viewing the lessons I found myself missing
> some of the features even though I haven't yet installed Galaxy :-)

Ahhh, then our evil plan is working ;-)

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com