doMenu

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 11:15:39 EST 2006

On 11/21/06 6:23 AM, "Mikey" <mikeythek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response, Derek.  I know there are alternatives, but
> I'm trying to work on my vast HyperCard libraries, which has presented
> various...challenges.

You probably are already aware of the dictionary entries
dynamicPaths
 HCAddressing property
 HCStack property

Another part of Rev that may help you is the BACK scripts

You can INSERT into the back position in the message path any script
container(s) you wish, so

Try putting a handler "on domenu whichOne" into a button
then
insert the script of btn holdsScriptA into back

Now you have a trap for any stack that uses the doMenu message.

You could even go a bit further...
get the script of the target
if it contains "domenu" then
   replace "doMenu" with "Create" in it