Where Rev could be going...

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 20 18:08:59 EST 2006

Bernard Devlin wrote:
>  >>
> creating a Rev plug-in (particularly one that has all the
> behaviors we expect) is almost impossible. Revolution does not map well
> to web servers
> <<
>
> Jacque,
>
> I don't really understand this, either in the context of a browser
> plug-in to display Rev content "as is", or in the context of generating
> a Flash/Ajax app from a Rev app.

I don't know much about how Flash is implemented so I can't comment on
that, but I know that every time this has come up, the people who
actually write the Rev engine say a Rev plug-in would be difficult if
not impossible to implement. This includes engineers going back to the
original MetaCard product. I can't say for sure what the problems might
be, but the response has been pretty universal for many years.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com