Where to Save Downloads -- Best Practice?

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Nov 19 11:05:19 EST 2006

>Hello Katirswami,
>I'm not sure if this already has been suggested to you, but did you
>try specialFolderPath(26)? This saves to "C:/Documents and
>Settings/MyUserId/Application Data/" which usually is open.
>
>Signe Marie Sanne

In belatedly reading a few posts (you guys are very prolific!), I
came across this, and it begs a question...

With many of the newer systems having very strong protections, such
that areas of the computer that were once usable are now "locked", is
this location a good place to put things that the application will
need to be able to modify without running into permissions issues?

Permission locks have been a bugger to deal with, espcecially if the
user is not the admin.  Would this location transcend the problemo?

Shari
--
Gypsy King Software
Mac and Windows shareware games