Me, me, me [Was: Re: Bug???? Discuss please!]

Bernard Devlin revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Thu Nov 16 06:29:16 EST 2006

Dave said:

As far as I know they evaluate the same way in both cases, e.g. when
called from another card or are called from the same card. The
problem is that when called from another card, the "me" that gets
evaluated is the wrong "me".
[...]
My guess would be is that "me" is pre-calculated, stored to speed
things up, however the cache doesn't work under some circumstances
<<

Did you try my experiments using "answer" and with setting custom
properties?  I spent about 2 hours investigating various permutations
of this for you, so it would be useful if other interested parties
could try out these things too.  Before we start guessing about
caches, I suggest we establish the details of what is happening as
fully as possible, and check that we see the same behaviour on
different platforms and different engine versions.  That way the most
complete bug report can be filed.  I'm not even sure that Mark and I
are seeing the same behaviour once we start to look beyond the
surface of what is obviously unexpected behaviour on the part of
these fields and handlers.

Do you know if this has already been entered into bugzilla?

Bernard