How Else to Interact with Browser (was Re:RevolutionWebBrowserPlugin)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Nov 6 13:22:29 EST 2006

jbv,

I think you're being kinda naive, first there's no linux company
making big bucks by distributing free linux, if you're talking about
Red Hat and friends, they are selling premium support at a very
company-wise rate, and thats how they make money. They are selling
service. That does not fit a programming language company. People
here keep telling RunRev to go open source and stuff, how is RunRev
as an open source company will provide money for Kevin and the others
to make a living?

I deeply agree with you that we need a better foreign interface kit
so that interfacing with existing technology such as opengl can be
easily (but laboriously) done by a skilled person, the current
external architecture is simply not good enough for the developer.
We're waiting for many bug fixes, yes, but RunRev is not stalled,
they are fixing bugs, they are not fixing them in a rate we like, but
they will never be able to fix them in a rate that pleases us, we'll
always want it faster.

I think that instead of suggesting new business models that do not
apply to the small scottish developer company, this discussion would
benefit from taking a radical change, what can the community do for
RunRev to make it's experience better. Why we don't post tutorial
stacks more often, why don't take 10 minutes per day to answer
newbies in foruns and lists, why not writing articles for your local
IT magazine or site... If we can help the revolution experience and
attract new users to the revolution, then, I am sure RunRev will make
more money and be able to afford more people and then have more
resources to add the features you want and fix bugs.

we can all help and thats better than asking for impossible changes,
I really don't want to enter the discussion of open source versus
closed source.

andre