How Else to Interact with Browser

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 6 08:25:17 EST 2006

Richmond wrote:
> Google are offering various standalones (I have Google
> Earth right here on my primary hard drive) - and, we
> ask ourselves, why do they not deliver the content
> available via Google Earth via a web-page instead:
>
> Well, probably because:
>
> 1. The html code could be hacked to blazes by all and
> sundry.
>
> 2. Fools like me trust Google (well, partly) and
> actually got quite excited
> at trying out a "new toy".

Or perhaps:

3. They can do things in a dedicated app that make apps crammed into the
confines of a browser look anemic.

Look at Google Maps, then try Google Earth.  Superficially they address
the same need, but in terms of user experience it's night and day.

If Google Maps is the quintessential "Web 2.0" app, Google Earth
portends Web 3.0.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation