HostNameToAddress Function

Bridger Maxwell bridgeyman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 21:33:02 EST 2006

Hey,
  I made a networking stack that retrieves information about the computer.
The first check it does is hostName().  This returns the name of the
machine.  Then I take the result of that and run it through
hostNameToAddress() to find the IP address.  This works fine on my computer,
but one one of my friends, the hostNameToAddress() doesn't return anything.
The hostName() function still works though.  We are both running Mac OSX.
Has anyone had experience with this?  Is there a different way to find the
IP address?

  TTFN
    Bridger