Group Problem

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Nov 4 15:02:13 EST 2006

On Nov 4, 2006, at 12:35 PM, LunchnMeets at aol.com wrote:

> I cut a group of fields and buttons from one stack and
> pasted it into another. However, I want that group in the new stack
> to appear on
> all existing and new cards. That's not happening. What did I do
> wrong? I
> checked off "Act like background" but that didn't do it.

The "Act like background" does not place (<--jargon) the group on all
cards.  It puts the group behind the card in the message path for
most messages and it places itself on new cards created when it is on
the current card.  More than one group on a card can have
backgroundBehavior set.

See backgroundBehavior in the dictionary.  See section 4.2.25 in the
User Guide for a practical view of the term "background".

If there are aspects to being a background that you don't want, then
the group can be pasted to each card.

Maybe it would be handy to have an option in the Object menu to place
a group on all cards.

Dar