Dollars vs Pounds

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:49:23 EST 2006

On 11/4/06, Robert Brenstein <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> RR has in the past explained the dichotomy of
> pricing. Personally, I still wonder whether it is
> really necessary, particularly since the
> disparity between pricing in dollars and pounds
> is quite noticeable even before we Europeans are
> slapped VAT on top of that. Other resellers I
> deal with seem to manage single pricing.

Of course another solution would be for RunRev to put all their
pricing in their newsletters in £s, sensible because they are a UK
firm. US residents would get a pleasant surprise when they go to the
store and see what they'd really be charged. On the other hand I'd
imagine sales would drop as many might not get to the store if they
assumed the £ price was actually what they'd be charged.

> In terms of buying at US prices, just visiting in
> the US might not help. If I am not mistaken, it
> is the billing address of your credit card that
> ultimately defines your product price and any
> additional taxes you pay.

Got that covered. Got ticked off with shipping exceeding the cost of
my internet purchases on so many occasions, especially when they were
offering free shipping within the US, that I organised a solution for
both tangible and downloadable goods. It just requires a little
patience.