Arrays as custom properties?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sun Mar 19 07:13:39 EST 2006

You can simply store an array variable as a customPropertySet:
set the customProperties["addresses"] of this stack to addressArray

You can then set individual elements of the stored array:
set the addresses[key] of this stack to someItem

And retrieve the indidvidual elements:
get the addresses[key] of this stack

or put the whole thing back into an array variable:
put the customProperties["addresses"] of this stack into addressArray

The thing is that a customPropertySet effecively <is> an array,  and
depending on your needs, (accessing a customPropertySet is only
slightly slower than accessing an array) may be a better choice than
a global/local array variable.

Mark