Mind mapping in Rev ?

Dick Kriesel dick.kriesel at mail.com
Fri Mar 17 22:28:27 EST 2006

On 3/17/06 6:20 PM, "Kresten Bjerg" <Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk> wrote:

> Has anyone been experimenting with implementing elementary mind-mapping
> functions in Rev ?

Yes, I have, although I'd have to emphasize elementary.

A user creates graphic objects like ovals to represent concepts, and
connects them using the mouse to draw arrows.  When the user moves the mouse
over a concept graphic, the graphic changes color, and a field appears
showing custom text, like a tool tip, but with arbitrarily long text.  When
the user moves the mouse over an arrow graphic, the arrow and the concepts
it connects change color and show their custom text.  When the user clicks
custom text, it's unlocked and selected, so the user can edit it.  When the
user moves a graphic that has arrows to it or from it, the arrows move too.

What do you want?

By the way, according to conceptDraw.com, which offers a product called
MINDMAP 4, Mind Mapping® and Mind Map® are registered trademarks of the
Buzan Organization.

-- Dick