where does a "put file" go?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Mar 7 17:27:28 EST 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Ben Bock wrote:

> If I do the following in a script, where does it go?
> put fld "data field" into url "file:test data.txt"
>
> How can I open the file to read it, independently of Rev?

It goes to whatever folder is set in the defaultFolder global
property. At startup the defaultFolder is automatically set to the
folder containing the Rev application (if you open in the development
environment) or the folder containing your compiled standalone.

So if you're in Revolution look in your /Applications/Revolution
folder on OS X or C:\Program Files\Revolution on Windows.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University