A new definition of libraries (was: Linux Installation)

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Sat Jun 10 15:00:30 EDT 2006

Just a quicky in order not to drive anyone nuts.

What I am trying to ask is this:

I produce a "Hello world" standalone application in Rev Linux. Will it
run without problems on every known Linux?

According to an earlier post by Ken Ray, this is confirmed, with the
qualification he made about the CGI thing.

According to what other people seem to be trying to tell me recently,
the answer is "Don't bet on it".

Or do you think I have boiled it all down too much?

Bob