Registration Key Storage

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jul 31 01:38:12 EDT 2006

On 7/30/06, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> Personally I think writing to the registry is fine, and in fact, expected
> behavior.  The registry is a common place to store settings and related
> data.  It's no more dangerous to write to the registry than writing to/or
> deleting from a drive.  Ask Chipp Walters about his experience with
> revDeleteFolder about a year back :-)

OUCH! Did you have to bring that up ..it hurts to even read it again!
But, I still NEVER use revDeleteFolder (now I use altDeleteFolder and
it expects to have at least 3 '/' items in the path, and won't drill
down more than 3 levels w/out special permission).

I'm with Scott on this one. I've successfully used the registry a
number of times for apps in Windows. There are a number of helpful
scripts out there, including some at my site as well.

best,
Chipp