Why is the imagedata value different from Win32 to MacOS

Joel Guillod joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Wed Jul 26 06:16:31 EDT 2006

> I don't think the imagedata has changed, and my thought would be to
> check and make sure the images are set to their respective
> formattedHeight and formattedWidth BEFORE checking the imageData.
> I hope this helps.
> -Chipp

Not of help... Actually before submitting the question I checked that:
- the text of the PNG images were identical on both platform;
- the width was set to the formattedWidth and the height to
formattedHeight;
- the screengamma was identical on both platforms before opening the
images;
- also I tried to set the screengamma to the gamma of the images.

My guess from my investigations is that there is some issue in the
algorithm used to calculate the imagedata in  the rev engine and
which is a function of the screengamma, the image gamma and some
obscure stuff... because extreme color channel values (near 0 or near
255) are correct and the differences are bigger when in the middle
(near 127). So the gamma correction could be fault.

Joel