Valentina external on OS X

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Jul 1 17:04:45 EDT 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 1:29 PM, James Spencer wrote:

> Thank you Trevor.  That is exactly what I was trying to do.  Am I
> correct then that the default installation permits access to
> Valentina databases (with the 10 minute timeout) only through the
> rev database library (or through a third party library such as
> yours) in the absence of the Valentina XCMD?

That is correct.  You have to download the Valentina XCMD
separately.  For Valentina 1 I recommend using the Valentina external
directly and bypassing RevDB.  With RevDB you can't use encryption
and a lot of other fancy Valentina features.

For Valentina 2, Paradigma has created a bridge between the RevDB
driver and the Valentina 2 external.  You can connect to Valentina 2
using RevDB but then use a function they provide to get a reference
that can be passed to any of Valentina external functions.  This
makes experimenting with Valentina easier since you can use RevDB.
If you decide you like it, you can then access the extensive
Valentina API without having to change any of your connection code.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com