Valentina external on OS X

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Sat Jul 1 16:29:33 EDT 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 3:12 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2006, at 10:22 AM, James Spencer wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to try out the demo Valentina external without success
>> so far.  Attempts to initialize with:
>>
>> get Valentina_Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024  )
>>
>> fails with a syntax error, I assume because the external is not
>> being seen by Rev. I've set my stack's exteral property to:
>>
>> "/Applications/Revolution Studio/2.7.2-gm-1/Externals/Database
>> Drivers/VXCMD_macho.bundle"
>>
>> which appears to be the correct path to the external.  Any guesses
>> as to what is wrong here?
>>
>> G5 running OS 10.4.7 and Rev Studio 2.7.2.
>
> James,
>
> It appears that you are trying to load the RevDB valentina driver
> as an external which won't work.  If you want to use the Valentina
> external itself you need to download it from the
> www.paradigmasoft.com.  Valentina 2 has instructions for
> installation.  If you want to use the Valentina 1 external you can
> put that into the:
>
> ~/Documents/My Revolution Studio/Externals/
>
> folder and the next time you launch rev the external will be
> available in the Revolution development environment.  To check type
> this in the msg box:
>
> put the externalPackages of stack "home"
>
> and you should see Valentina XCMD (or something like that) in the
> result.
>

> --

Thank you Trevor.  That is exactly what I was trying to do.  Am I
correct then that the default installation permits access to
Valentina databases (with the 10 minute timeout) only through the rev
database library (or through a third party library such as yours) in
the absence of the Valentina XCMD?

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at mac.com

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"