Dates In Revolution

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:42:28 EST 2006

On 2/1/06, Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I know this is an old problem.  I just want to confirm whether it has
> been fixed.  I suspect not.
>
> Suppose it's ten past six in the morning on Saturday, May 1st, 1999
> in Montreal.  I enter this date in the handler below.
>
> put "May 1, 1999" && "6:10" into d
> convert d to dateItems
> put d & return
> convert d to internet date
> put d after msg
>
> Here's what appears in the message box.
>
> 1999,5,1,7,10,0,7
> Sat, 1 May 1999 08:10:00 -0500

What version of Rev are you using? There was a problem with Rev before
2.5 (I think) were using the convert command in certain
daylight-savings zones added one hour to every convert.

Here is a test for this problem:

put the short date into tNow
convert tNow to dateItems
if last item of tNow = 3 then
   answer "You have the date convert bug."
else
  answer "Your problem is something different :-("
end if

Cheers,
Sarah