One cute hack for MacOS X (... or nice internet protocol helper hacks...)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jan 3 15:14:56 EST 2006

I do it for Windows on ButtonGadget through the registry, but there is a
serious caveat:

When you setup a MIME type for a document of any kind to download and
autorun, it is up to the programmer to insure it is safe. In the case of
ButtonGadget, I test each download with lock messages ON until I know
it's one of my files. If I didn't, then someone could create a simple BG
stack and wipe out someone's hard drive instantly. A very big security
issue!

-Chipp