Standalone graphic

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Feb 23 13:09:35 EST 2006

On 2/23/06 9:07 AM, "Paul Consolo" <paulclaude at postino.it> wrote:

> Surely a silly question, but I'm loosing lot of time.
>
> When I've build a standalone of my stack, all controls have lost the aqua
> theme and seems now derived from old OS 9! Why? What I have mistaken?

This is a bug that has been identified by Paul Looney, and responded to by
Mark Waddingham of RunRev:

----
It appears that your standalones are not being created with the
necessary 'theme support' files that provide the OS X native look and
feel - and what you are witnessing is the emulated MacOS 9 look and
feel.

(The other alternative is that somehow your look and feel is being
set to Windows 95 - to see which it is, use the 'View -> Look and
Feel' menu in Revolution to switch look and feels until you find the
one that matches your standalone)

I have just run some tests here and standalones build successfully
with all the necessary support files. To see if yours are missing
these, go to your built standalone application bundle in the Finder
and choose to 'Get Info'. There should be a pane in the popup window
listing plugins - you should see several listed here: in particular
tiger_theme_support. The check-mark beside it should be enabled.

If this is not the case, then there must be something that in your
case (and it would seem a couple of other people's cases) that are
causing this to go awry.

As this is may take a little time to get to the bottom of (and others
are involved) I urge you to file a bug report were we can collect
other people's experiences of this phenomenon.

Warmest Regards,

Mark
----

Ken Ray