Win XP/2.7

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:39:23 EST 2006

The email from Xavier quoted below was NOT sent on my behalf. It
contains an email from me sent in response to a query I sent to Bryan
trying to diagnose the cause of his crashes.

However to return the the subject, many people have tested Rev 2.7
under Windows. While I do not doubt that some people are experiencing
crashes, I feel this cannot be the norm. There must be some cause and
it would be of benefit to all Rev developers if this could be found.

Here is what I would recommend for anyone experiencing frequent
crashes: start with a completely standard install, no additional
plugins, no extra libraries, backscripts or frontscripts. Make a new
stack and start working with that. If that works, then start adding
your usual bits in and see if there is any particular element of your
usual working environment that causes the problems.

just stick to 2.6? It seems like no time since we were enduring much
the same sort of invective from you with regards to 2.6. I don't
remember you admitting that 2.6 ever worked for you, but as it does,
use it.

I have looked at your list of reported bugs in Bugzilla. I find 126
unfixed bugs reported by you (though some seem to be duplicates)
however only 4 of them have any votes. Of those 4, 1 is rated as
trivial, 2 as minor and only 1 as major. None of your bugs has been
sufficiently important to get ANY votes from you. If you do not attach
much importance to them and no-one else has felt them to be relevant
enough for a vote, then the Rev development team probably thinks there
are more important issues to concentrate on.

Regards,
Sarah