Comparing two versions of a RunRev app

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Wed Feb 8 07:57:53 EST 2006

Le Wednesday, 8 Feb 2006, à 11:06 Europe/Paris, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

> Bonjour André,
>
> It works!
> Probably you tried to open the same stack twice in the same instance
> of Rev.
> Both instances are exactly similar and it's easy to be wrong :-)
> Open the first one and create a new stack with a field "This is the
> first instance!" point size 36 ;-)
> Open the second and create a new stack with a field "This is the
> second instance!"
> So, there will be a real difference on-screen
Éric,
I made exactly what you suggested and yes, it works well ! I can open
two versions of one same app. without getting the msg "a stack with the
same name ...."
It remains that it is nearly impossible to distinguish them (except
putting one to the left of the screen and the other to the right AND to
keep this in (my) memory !
>  and, above all, mask one when you switch to the other (command/option
> H) or you will have the same scripts windows on-screen without knowing
> which is which.
Right, the two versions of the script appear in the middle of the
screen.
But what I would like to be able to (and I suppose it is the same for
Graham) would be to keep visible simultaneously the two versions of
the same script  in order to compare them, and for example, to modify
one starting from the other (cut, copy and paste etc.).
It seems that the only way to do that, is again to put one script
window on the left and the other on the right of the screen, and pay
attention to keep this in (my) memory ! (a bit risky isn't it ?).
It seems that otherwise,it is necessary to change the name of one of
the version of the same stack (and of all its substacks) :-(((

Best regards from Grenoble
André